Update for Sunday, 11/22, and moving forward.
1. Masks will now be required during worship services and Sunday School. This is out of love for our members, especially the most vulnerable. We know it is not ideal, but we ask that you join in with us!
2. We will do brief temperature checks upon entry. This is a precautionary measure to help prevent any possible spread.
3. Recommit to being mindful about social distancing.
UPDATE FOR SUNDAY, 11/15/2020
Due to the potential COVID exposure of one of our members, morning worship services for Sunday, 11/15 will be held virtually. Please tune in at 10:15 on Facebook Live (Hermon Baptist Church) for our morning worship hour. We will continue in 1 Peter 3. There will be no evening (in-person or virtual) services.
Please read the information below regarding the latest updates concerning church operations as we transition into the Governor's Phase 2 plan.
The pastoral staff and deacons have been praying for wisdom and guidance regarding regathering. On the one hand, we believe that gathering is essential to a local church. On the other hand, this unique season implored us to scatter and stay at home so that we might love our neighbor and be examples to the community. Praise be to God, we hope to gather again this Sunday!
We have been hoping that May 24th would be a possible regathering date since Governor Cooper introduced his three-phase plan. Phase two officially begins this Friday at 5:00 P.M. This means we are permitted to gather as long as we do so with wisdom, under the guidelines offered to us by the state.
The guidelines for regathering are presented below. I know this is not ideal, and some of the guidelines will be frustrating. Remember that the Christian life is the call to die: to die to my wants, needs, opinions, and preferences. Let's do our best to communicate to our visitors and neighbors in Waxhaw that we are people who love God and neighbor. Let not our attitude hurt our ability to share the gospel.
1. We will have a morning service at 10:15 A.M. There will no Sunday School, nursery, or children's church for the time being. Sunday School classes are encouraged to keep up their virtual classes/ fellowships for now. We do not believe it is wise to provide a target date for when SS, nursery, and children's church can return, but rest assured we will transition to them as soon as it is safe to do so. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2. Sunday evening services will begin June 7th and will take place in the FLC to assure the possibility of social distancing. I can't wait for this! I love and miss my Sunday night crowd.
3. Wednesday night prayer meeting will remain online for now. More details will be shared in the coming weeks.
1. We must strive to maintain social distancing as we regather. Every other row of chairs is marked off by red tape to provide the appropriate distance. Please avoid sitting in those areas.
2. Please sit with the members of your household. I know that we all miss each other! I miss you all. However, for us to regather, we should strive to follow the guidelines given to us. Please sit with members in your household with the appropriate distance between families.
3. It is encouraged that you wear a mask, but it will not be mandatory. We ask that you please bring a mask from home, but some will be available at each entrance for those who don't have a mask of their own.
4. As you enter the building please be courteous to those in front of you. Keep your distance until they have moved into the sanctuary.
5. We will greet one another with gracious words. Please avoid hugs and handshakes for the time being.
6. If you're in the high-risk category or immunocompromised, you are encouraged to remain at home. We love you, we care for you, and will continue to make services available on Facebook Live.
7. Please remember to wash your hands, cough into your arm, and avoid touching your face. Hand Sanitizer is available and you are encouraged to use it upon entry.
8. Information regarding giving and the Lord's Supper will be provided in person.
I look forward to gathering with you this Sunday, but I must confess that there is sadness as well. This new season means that many of our beloved members may not be able to be with us. In fact, some of them have already shared that they will not return out of safety precautions. We should love them and respect that decision. If you're in that category, please know that you are deeply loved.
Thank you for your grace, patience, and love.