First Impressions Team
- To greet people outside the building and serve as ushers inside the worship center.
- To assist people entering the building as needed.
- To help people feel welcome.
- To help guests find their way.
- To offer a safe environment for all attendees.
- Station greeters in the parking lot
- Direct guests to visitor parking places.
- On bad weather days, offering valet parking, or at least an umbrella.
- Assist the parents of preschoolers.
- Assist the elderly.
- Assist single mothers.
- Assist the handicapped.
- Station greeters at each entrance.
- Escort guests to their Sunday Morning Bible Study group.
- Welcome guests to the church just like you would to your home.
- Enlist friendly people to welcome those attending (including senior adult women to work inside the building when possible, with a good mix of genders and ages).
- Station greeters inside the worship center.
- Distribute bulletins.
- Greet and make persons feel welcome as they enter the worship area.
- Know where every class meets and be able to lead guests to them (have a map of the church).
- Seat people during the service. Guests should be seated beside regular attendees and introduced when possible.
- Seat people only at times when their entrance will not disturb the services.
- Help maintain order.
- Observe behaviors of individuals and report anyone acting in a strange manner (example: around areas where children are found).
Want to be a greeter or first impression? Do you have the gift of service? See team leader Dewey Spence to get involved!
Interested in being a parking lot greeter? Contact Chris Berkebile.
Usher? Contact Dale Kurtz or Dennis Mills