Facilities and Grounds Team
- To maintain the church properties in a clean, usable, safe condition.
- To watch for ways to make our facilities more energy efficient.
- To make repairs to the church property as needed, including the parsonage.
- To ensure that major appliances are operable.
- To contract with outside contractors when repairs are beyond the scope of the service team’s ability, time commitment, or workload.
- To inspect property and grounds periodically to see what needs attention.
- To make recommendations to church concerning maintenance needs, as appropriate.
- To make repairs to the parsonage as needed, while respecting the privacy of the pastor’s family.
- To lead out in ways to involve church members in low-profile maintenance projects, such as cleaning storage rooms, spring cleaning, etc.
- To write the job description and evaluate the job performance of custodial personnel.
- Ensure that all buildings are ready for all church-related activities and that they are properly secured when services are not occurring.
- Offer guidelines and policies for use of all buildings, this includes guidelines and policies for weddings, use by individuals or groups, etc.
- Cooperate with the pastor and church staff.
Do you have a talent for cleaning, basic construction, or have a desire to help keep our church functioning? Please contact team leader Merwyn Joyner.